The following is the Central Elections Committee decision regarding public services which will function as usual on Election Day, as per clause 10 of Basic Law: The Knesset, and clause 71a of the Knesset Elections Law 5729, 1969.
In accordance with clause 10 of Basic Law: The Knesset, and clause 71a of the Knesset Elections Law 5729, 1969, the Central Elections Committee decided, on 21 Tammuz, 5779 (July 23, 2019) that the following public services will function as usual on Election Day:
- Employees of the Central Elections Committee – those who have a role or are providing a service for election day – and employees of the parties running for Knesset – who have a role ofr are providing a service
- Restaurants, coffee shops, kiosks, hotels, motels, inns and guest houses
- Transportation services, parking lots and gas stations
- Factories and agricultural plants which produce continuously
- Media services
- Water and electrical suppliers
- Delivery and transportation of fuels
- Theaters, cinemas and other entertainment facilities
- Newspapers, radio and television
- Distribution of bread, fruit, vegetables and dairy products – on Election Day until 11:00am
- Stored which sell food products, between the hours of 6:00am until 12:000 noon (up to 6 hours)
- Bakeries baking bread and dairies producing milk products
- Hospitals and other medical services which operate in a special format on the Sabbath and holidays, in the same special format they use on Sabbath and holidays
- Security and rescue forces
- Burial services
- The judicial system, in order to deal with urgent issues relating to the enforcement of the Knesset Election law 5729, 1969, as well as related secondary laws, the Election Law (Means of Publicity) 5719, 1959, and to deal with urgent arrests, between the hours of 8:00am and 12:00 noon
- Other services which operate in a special format on the Sabbath and holidays, will operate on Election Day in the same format
In all of the above services and businesses, employees must be given the opportunity to vote.
Signed on this day, 7 Av, 5779 (August 8, 2019).
Just. Hanan Meltzer
Deputy Supreme Court Chairman
Central elections Committee Chairman for the 22nd Knesset Elections